Paranormal?

werewolf at paonline.com werewolf at paonline.com
Fri Feb 20 11:15:00 EST 1998

On 19 Feb 1998 23:11:36 GMT, "GT" <bthomson at direct.ca> wrote:

>Hi.  My name is Bjorn Thomson and I am an Pysch undergraduate at the
>University of Victoria.  There certainly seems to be a lot of people (incl.
>PhD's) out there claiming that "parapsychology" is worthy of serious study.
> Is it?  I'd hate to think the edifice of the scientific method was
>threatened by E.S.P. research!
>
>If anybody has the time to point me to literature, to research, or to give
>me a brief rundown on why this stuff is bunk, I would be most appreciative.
>
>Thanks,
>Bjorn Thomson
>
>--
>bthomson at direct.ca

	I cannot quote the precise text, as I have not read the
literature in a long time, but "parapsychology" may well be worth
researching.  The book I refer to (I wish I could remember the title
or author) pointed out that the brain's bio-electrical circuitry is
not unlike electro-mechanical circuitry, and therefore may have the
ability "transmit and receive signals from one person to another in
the same manner as a wide-band radio, even if the parties involved are
unaware that these transimissions are taking place..." (referring
specifically to telepathy).
	If, by some chance of nature, a small group of individuals
have the required "circuitry" and the ability to conciously control
the transmission of mental signals, then the "wiring" in the brain
might be isolated and reproduced.  Having a group of persons with this
ability may allow great strides forward in the feilds of
law-enforcement or even in the medical community (empathic
responces...) and in psychotherapy.

Mike