Cortisol uncooled

Mark R. Brink brink at ifv.huwi.ethz.ch
Mon Feb 23 12:03:36 EST 1998

Hello

What's the time limit saliva samples containing cortisol/testosterone
can be kept uncooled so that it's still possible to get reliable data
from a later analysis? I plan to let my Ss. measure their Cortisol and
Testosteron baseline at home an send back their samples by 1st class
mail. To be on the save side, the samples should remain intact for at
least some 24 hrs before they'll be put in the fridge.

I heard that there's some large discrepancy in the opinions on the
issue.

Any excperiences on the subject?
Advice would be appreciated...
Mark

Mark R. Brink lic. phil.
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
Institute for behavioral sciences