Blood Brain Barrier

POCHET Roland rpochet at ulb.ac.be
Thu Feb 26 18:51:10 EST 1998

i am working on the effects on the blood brain barrier of an osmotic
stress  induced by hypertonic saline  in hyponatremic rats.I would like
to study the permeability of the BBB by the usual Evans Blue
method.However Evans Blue is usually injected by the intravenous route.I
would like to know if Evans blue  could be injected  by intraperitoneal
route in this model. Iam not aware of previous studies in which  Evans
blue was used by the I.P. route and of the rate of uptake  in the
vascular compartment and in the brain.I would be very interested if you
can give me some information about this problem.
REFS: Alain Soupart  :see f.i.:Clin Nephrol. 1996