To All You Scientists Out There.

Jared Blackburn enlil at utk.edu
Fri Feb 27 13:25:19 EST 1998

I shouldn't even reply to this, because the whole thread is
basically spam, and now I'm guilty of continuing it.  (This is
science list, not a philosophy or religion list.)

John H. Casada wrote:

> ATeasd5941 wrote:
> >
> > "We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course,
> > powerful muscles, but no personality."
> > Albert Einstein

	I would wonder what he meant here -- what he considered
"intellect" and what he considered "personality."  It makes no
sence to me.

> >               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > I was so taken by this quote that I thought that I would
> > remind all those budding scientists out there that this
> > was a man who knew what he was talking about !
> >
> > I don't know if Einstein read it, but if you look at

	Probably not, since he was Jewish (and very unorthadox,
besides), but its possible.

> > 2 Corinthians 4:4 you will find its meaning. Please note

	"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them
which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of
Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." This
seems totally unconnected; what-ever.

> > that Einstein had a lot more to teach you than the
> > principles of science, he also offered you a road to follow.

	I like Einstein because he had some many Autistic
characteristic -- ie, was one of my kind, one of the AC
"species" -- though I do think some people have gone to far in
making him (or anyone at all) an automatic reffence for
everything -- he was just man who was very good at what he did.

> > Carol T
>
> So.  Finally we see the point of the previous posts.
> First, an illogical post concerning western medicine.  Next,
> an exercise in cloudy thinking.  Now, an agenda.

I must have missed are not considered that one.

> Einstein was a good physicist.  He was not an outstanding
> mathmatician. He had no credentials at all as a moral
> philosopher.

	Of course he did -- he existed and he was alive -- there for he
had credencials.  There are credntial for "moral philosopher"?
I sure don't think so.

> You may agree or disagree with him as you wish.  Most
> people find some things they agree with and some they don't.

Thats true -- of everyone and anyone.

> To be honest, I would place more faith (which is of course
> what you are asking for) in your post, if you showed the
> ability to appreciate scientific thinking and logical
> argument.  As it is, it only seems to be the rambling of
> the undereducated.

More like religious and and over-zealious.

Jared.