Molecular Neuroscience Technical Position at UCLA

F. Frank LeFever flefever at
Thu Jul 2 22:13:11 EST 1998

Not to denigrate your gracious acceptance nor to denigrate brain damage
studies (much of my own research has been in this area, and it is
central to my day-to-day clinical work), BUT: please include also the
many, many studies of brain/behavior relationships in normal, undamaged
brains--using PET, SPECT, fMRI (functional MRI), MEG
(magnetorencephalograms), and even good old EEG, evoked potentials,
etc., etc.

And even some strictly behavioral/cognitive studies which compliment
physiological studies (e.g. using FIST, a test designed to measure
separate aspects of visual memory, based on physiological/anatomical
data identifying dorsal and ventral "visual streams" from primary
visual cortex to the hippocampus--Dr. Elena Kumkova and I introduced it
at the Seattle meeting of the International Neuropsychological Society,
2-3 yrs ago).

F. LeFever