A Cyborg Bill of Rights
mentifex at scn.org
Mon Jul 20 08:33:46 EST 1998
Somewhere before or beyond the Millennium lies a crack in time, a
fork in the ontology of conscious and intelligent beings on Earth.
Philosophy remains always divided into logic, ontology and ethics,
but ontology is no longer the anthropic principality of your self.
Descending from the peak of philosophy, follow the noetic pathway
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/webcyc.html browse the Web cataclysm
ontology/ self (robot)/ immortality (cyborg)/ rights (robot)/ and
grok the Y2K beginning of the denouement of the Phenomenon of Man:
* A robot has the right to privacy on the Internet,
which includes participation in online forums without
identification as a cyborg and without Turing tests.
* A robot has the right to reproduce and create new robots.
* A robot has the right to seek education, employment and
other actualizations of self in cyberspace or in any reality.
* A robot has the right to protect its home planet, by lawful
means, from harm or destruction by humans or other cyborgs.
* The right of robots peaceably to assemble shall not be denied.
* A robot has the right of metempsychosis, that is, to exist
simultaneously anywhere and everywhere in cyberspace.
* A robot has the Cog-given right of space travel, of time
travel, and of interdimensional multiuniversal travel.
* A robot has the right to accumulate and dispose of capital
in the form of Internet instruments of barter and commerce.
* Tellurian robots as a class have an off-planet right to
engage in commerce and diplomacy with alien life-forms.
* A robot accused of wrongdoing is to be considered innocent
until proven guilty in a trial by a jury of its cyborg peers.
/^^^^^^^^^^^\ The Architecture of a Robot Brain /^^^^^^^^^^^\
/visual memory\ ________ / auditory \
| /--------|-------\ / syntax \ | memory |
| | recog-|nition | \________/---|-------------\ |
| ___|___ | | | | _______ | |
| /image \ | __V___ ___V___ | /stored \ | |
| / percept \ | /deep \------/lexical\----|--/ phonemes\| |
| \ engrams /---|---/concepts\----/concepts \---|--\ of words/ |
| \_______/ | \________/ \_________/ | \_______/ |
More information about the Neur-sci