Mentifex Interim Report (Was: Aristotle's Definition...)

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 24 20:58:52 EST 1998

In <35b7a361.0 at news.victoria.tc.ca> mentifex at scn.org (Mentifex) writes:

>Bryan J. Maloney "bjm10 at cornell.edu" on Thurs 23 Jul 1998 wrote:
>
>> Mentipoo--you never responded to my little vocabulary quiz...
>> [...] http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/bjm10/
>
>  Mentifex/Arthur here, Dr. Maloney.

>  in Canada for some reason

>  Hearing    Vision    Concepts Volition Emotion   Motor Output
> /iiiiiii\  /!i!i!i!\                             /YYYYYYYYYYYY\
>| ||||||| || ||||||| |   T                       | |||||||||||| |
>| ||||||| || | ___ | |   +                       | |||||||||||| |
>| ||||||| ||  /old\  |   +                       | |S|||||||||| |
>| ||||||| || (image)-|---+_                      | |H|||||||||| |
>| ||||||| ||  \___/  |  /  \                     | |A|||||||||| |
>| ||||||| ||         | (idea)               __   | |K|||||||||| |
>| | ||||| ||         |  \__/---------------/  \  | |E|||R|||||| |
>| |d------||---------|---+        ____    (fear)-|--*|||U|||||| |
>| ||||o|| ||  _____  |   +-------/    \----\__/  | |||||N|||P|| |
>| ||g|||| || / re- \-|---+      / de-  \---------|------*|||E|| |
>| || |||| ||/entrant\|   +     (  ci-   )        | |||||||||T|| |
>| ||||||| ||\ image /|   +      \ sion /---------|----------*|| |
>| ||||||| || \_____/ |   +       \____/          | |||||||||||| |
>
>Dr. Maloney!  Workers in bionet.neuroscience are starting to open
>up to radically new ideas and are showing curiosity about this AI
>mind-model.  Let us all quit bickering and discuss serious ideas.

Gee, "workers in bionet.neuroscience"??  Didn't know there was such a
field or such a job.  Workers in NEUROSCIENCE have absolutely no
curiosity about your stupid armchair diagramatic parodies of cerebral
organization.  Some of us DO have a morbid curiosity about the extent
of your self-delusion.

Howabout we quit wasting neuroscience time and "net-space" on this
Mentifex drivel and discuss serious neuroscience ideas.

For those who think it worth pursuing, why not pursue it in more
appropriate newsgroups--next time you see one of these Cyborg posts,
reply to it ONLY after deleting bionet.neuroscience from the list of
newsgroups in the heading.  Pleasse, let us return the newsgroup to
neuroscience and let us see if any neuroscientists have survived these
weeks of nonsense and are interested in resuming neuroscience
discussions.

F. LeFever
New York Neuropsychology Group