META:OFFTOPIC: Re: noise of Eugene Leitl: admin address?

Eugene Leitl eugene at liposome.genebee.msu.su
Mon Jun 1 13:18:40 EST 1998

The admin address of Zedat is

 root at mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de

I'd also suggest Cc'ing

 abuse at mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de
 postmaster at mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de

complain about disruptive behaviour of Christiane Tkotsch
cijadra at zedat.fu-berlin.de

Cijadrachon writes:
 > >>Look, I just want you out of this newsgroup/mirroring mailing list.
 > Go an make a private room on AOL or something.

No, you got this the wrong way round. We used this forum for years
before spam and you came along. As a matter of fact I _have_ offered
providing a moderated feed of bionet.neuroscience/neur-sci at dl.ac.uk,
but canceled this because of too low resonance and diverse kinderkrankheiten.
Perhaps we should rediscuss this a month from now. To all&sundry: <hint>.

 > I don't tell you to piss off either.
 > Though I might think very differently from a lot of what you say.

So it seems.

 > The concept of couter-priving what I say has not occurred to you yet,

Phasing out noise by contributing to it? That's not logical, captain.

Your noise is nothing to me: I can always write a procmail filter for
cijadra at . BUT THE SCIENTISTS WHOSE OPINION I VALUE CAN'T. They will
just go away. In fact most of them did, and you are the party to blame.

 > I guess.
 > So that that is why you go down to such levels.

I tried to block you out with minimal investment on my part, by asking
the admins to cancel your account. Since this has not worked, I
adapted a script. Since this is not working either yet, we will think
of something different. Say, are you a Mac user? Mailing from a webform?

 > >>You can lurk ok, you can post sensible stuff allright (if you're
 > >capable  of it, that is). Otherwise, I will continue devoting some of my scarce
 > >>time to make you go away.
 >
 > Actually there is a level where I find that funny,
 > your ways remind me of some schizos striving to "fight against the
 > windmills" or other sorts of people.

If you don't at first succeed, just ad hominem. As of whether you are a
windmill, time will show. Don't force me to become a cracker. See
bugtraq: SGI's are not exactly invincible.

 > You must have little to do in your private life to go for what you
 > have gone for.

I don't have a private life: I'm a scientist.

 > It is fun for me to think about how much of your time that must
 > consume.
 > (I have a weird humour.)

You cost me about a fraction of a percent a day. In fact you are a
welcome distraction from writing up, terminal phase.

 > >>For all practical purposes you have destroyed this forum
 > >singlehandedly.
 > >From your point of view.
 > Yet you are lacking in counter-proving what I say, and until you do
 > with all I said, all you did not is just an opinion like you might
 > have yours.

Just consult the archives for a comparison prior to the advent of
cijadra@ and after. You might notice the quality going down, and
certain posters to become absent. And this is not about arguing
opinions: this is muscle. The winner takes it all.

 > >it should take up some nice space there and I am sure they are going
 > >to  be delighted with WHAT you are loading university's systems by the
 > >>
 > >>I contacted the Fudat admins first prior to mailbombing you. They
 > >>thought your behaviour was ok in a Usenet forum.
 >
 > And WHAT does that tell you?

That the first plan of killing you misfired. Next stage.

 > >They are sometimes decidedly too laissez faire in Berlin imo.
 > No, we are the capital of a country that tried  gassed people or used
 > other sorts of violence against people for being different or having
 > had different opinions.

In constrast to Munich, Berlin _is_ laissez faire.

 > And you are just not far enough to understand that in a society of
 > aimed evenness all are entitled to say their opinion.

Everybody can say what they like, also, everybody should understand that
no authority is there to protect if somebody is going to kick your
ass. Tanstaafl.

 > And therefore rather block space on the systems of Zedat, which are
 > meant for many students, who here often do not have that many

You're the person to blame.

 > providers or net access or computer possibilities like in the USA,
 > with you childish warfare of sending tenthousands of mails there,
 > then going an adult way.

Yes, I cheated: I should have targeted you, not the ISP.

 > >>Yes, I want the academic admins to feel that one of their users is
 > >>crossing the line of acceptable behaviour.
 >
 > You might have managed that concerning yourself...

Why? I am not one of Zedat's flock.

 > I do not think that they are going to find more than 30 000 nonsense
 > mails that are taking up  Zedat capacities acceptable behaviour from
 > your side.

What is easier: trying to keep a cracker out, or canceling the
offender's account? I'm still optimizing on my workload, you see.

 > (And actually YOU insisting on "scientific" after that sounds rather
 > funny...

Might there be a reason why Nature won't print your letter to the
editor if you happen to send one? Criminy!

 > And some of the theories made in the forum are less scientific than my
 > own and coming from scientists.  Time might show who is right /wrong
 > in which of his theories...

You have no monopoly on noise. This doesn't mean the other ones are
immune, and you're the worst one by far.

 > Your censoring attempts (and in THAT form) are in no form scientific.)

Is peer review censorship?

 > And it is small wonder that YOU do not understand why in Berlin,
 > Germany, some people  believe that all are entitled to express their
 > opinions evenly and that to suppress opinions by force is not correct
 > and against liberal science.

Yaddayadda. I'm a libertarian. Rutsch mir den Buckel runter.

Regards,
Eugene