meijer meijer at
Thu Jun 4 03:41:15 EST 1998

There are a few other plasticity related
references included near the bottom of my
page, in particular the references to the
work of Cohen and Rauschecker.

I wished I had found more literature about
plasticity relating to sensory substitution,
in particular to the substitution of vision
through an auditory display. The technology
for doing experiments in that area exists,

   The vOICe Learning Edition

which is based on earlier work described in

but unfortunately very little is currently
known about the extent to which plasticity
can or will play a role (or be a bottleneck)
in any practical applications. I'd welcome
further insights in that area!

Best wishes,

Peter Meijer