Technological Singularity

Terry Smith root* at gastro.apana.org.au
Mon Jun 8 12:39:29 EST 1998

"James Sharman" <james at exaflop.demon.co.uk>
In Message-Id: <897063854.14638.0.nnrp-05.c2d9a433 at news.demon.co.uk>

Followups: sci.econ,,comp.ai,comp.arch,comp.robotics.misc

> Untrue,  natural selection favours that which is more likely to
> survive,  my definition of better in this case is also 'those who
> are more likely to survive'.  There are many example in the animal

`Fitness' is `ability to produce offspring'. In many species in different
phyla some individuals do not produce offspring, but are neccessary for
the survival of the offspring of others. One example that springs readily
to mind is a `worker' ant.

Followups [hopefully] set *out* of bionet.neuroscience.

Terry