Technological Singularity

Jamie Lokier spamfilter.june1998 at tantalophile.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 9 15:06:19 EST 1998

Craig Burley <burley at tweedledumb.cygnus.com> writes:
> In essence, all things built out of matter are merely a bunch of
> tiny particles believed to be interacting in accordance with some
> pre-defined laws -- which nobody has been able to explain in terms
> of where those laws came from, how they were designed, who designed
> them, and why.  (Not that plenty of speculation hasn't been offered.)

Open your eyes, boy!
You may be left behind when the quantum machines take over...

Though even a bunch of tiny particles can interact in oneness.
And determinism is what you make of it.

I don't dispute "pre-defined laws", but the laws are not precisely
known, nor are current theories entirely consistent with all
experimental data, or each other.  This means the theories, and hence
the laws, may have loopholes which render "pre-defined" meaningless.

-- Jamie