Technological Singularity

Peter Seebach seebs at plethora.net
Thu Jun 11 09:07:18 EST 1998

In article <y6k96q5xz9.fsf at tweedledumb.cygnus.com>,
Craig Burley  <burley at tweedledumb.cygnus.com> wrote:
>And, to anyone who claims everything is all "one" with some mystical
>notion of a "universe" and that "matter" is thus just acting out
>this "oneness" in a fashion that renders pointless any discussions of
>medium-level behaviors such as evolution, geology, mathematics, and
>what-not, I ask: if that's so, exactly why do you have to bother
>claiming it at all?

My assumption was that the point was to try to communicate to everyone engaged
in these "pointless" behaviors that it's a waste of time, in the hopes of
convincing us to discuss something *important*, like our inner children.

-s
Copyright '98, All rights reserved.  Peter Seebach / seebs at plethora.net
C/Unix wizard, Pro-commerce radical, Spam fighter.  Boycott Spamazon!
Not speaking for my employer.  Questions on C/Unix?  Send mail for help.
Visit my new ISP <URL:http://www.plethora.net/> --- More Net, Less Spam!