pushing the mind to the limit

Ian J. Lewis ian.lewis3 at virgin.net.uk
Sun Jun 14 18:45:58 EST 1998

James King wrote:

> Deaqr AJ. Murray,
>         I think that the statement that we only use 10% of our brain is a
> ridiculous notion and I think others will agree.  The argument arises
> over what does the word "use" mean in this context and how can you say
> what is actually in use?  Does neuronal activity corelate to activity
> hence use? I don't think that is true.  Information can be conveyed via
> inactivity as well as activity.
>
> Jim.

               I disagree Jim....  well, 10% of me does anyhow :-)
   it does seem to be true that we live in a reduced awareness state (as Huxley
                                    reported)
correct me if I am wrong - but this is linked to the raphe? system at the base of
                               our peculiar brains?
      which filters out seemingly unwanted information both inner and outer.
        certain substances have the effect of `over-riding` this system...
   effectively making us wake up to the moment as though born again in a sea of
                             harmony and integration
    utilizing our entire organism in an ekstasis with the great breath of life
                                        -
                           but, I don`t believe it :-)
                                        -
                                       IJL