Seeking Interesting Knowledge Representations on the Net

Mentifex mentifex at scn.org
Thu Jun 18 08:05:58 EST 1998

mary at nospamamzi.com wrote on Tues. 16 Jun 1998:

>Hi,
>
>If you have a URL for a site that represents knowledge in some form
>other than basic HTML, we'd like to hear about it. We're writing an
>article for PC AI.  [...]

It's not finished yet, but
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/aisource.html "Mind.forth AI for Robots" of
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/ Project Mentifex
will represent knowledge in its artificial mind by embedding the knowledge
within a semantic network.

Natural language input from the human user to the robot will be stored
in two forms:  as a stream of words; and as a conceptual network.

For instance, the verb "(to) eat" will have many associative tags
branching away to its one-time subjects and one-time objects,
such as:
              bears   <--    eat      --> honey
              fish    <--    eat      --> bugs
              bears   <--    eat      --> fish

Using "valences" for how much each concept is momentarily activated,
sentences of thought will be generated on top of the Knowledge Base
in accordance with the following Chomskyan language structure:
<PRE>
  /^^^^^^^^^^^\ Syntax Strings Together a Thought /^^^^^^^^^^^\
 /visual memory\           ________   semantic   /  auditory   \
|      /--------|-------\ / syntax \  memory    |episodic memory|
| / percept \   |    /     \/   \/ Verbs \------|--/ phonemes\| |
| \ engrams /---|---/ Nouns \    \_______/      |  \ of words/  |