Anterior Horn Cell

Adriano Botelho abotelho at mpcnet.com.br
Thu Jun 18 15:12:08 EST 1998

Your friend need to go back to his doctor and ask him exactly what disease
it is.  Assuming his doctor (preferably a neurologist) has done all the
appropriate history-take, physical and laboratorial examination, and reached
a definite and * correct * diagnosis.

If a doctor confirms a diagnosis of anterior horn degenerative disease, it
would be more likely Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and you would find
a lot of support groups for it on Internet.

Nevertheless, I insist it is very important establishing a reliable medical
diagnosis.  Your ultra-brief description is compatible with end-plate
diseases too, such as Myasthenia Gravis (which is generally easily curable).
--
Abraço/Hug,

Adriano (abotelho at mpcnet.com.br)
http://www2.mpc.com.br/users/a/abotelho