Trolling for Geniuses (Yo! Picasso!)

John Harper harper at
Sun Jun 21 21:43:41 EST 1998

In article <358d10b9.0 at>, Mentifex <mentifex at> wrote:

>You have to say "Rene Descartes" or Netizens won't even know whom
>you are talking about:  the philosopher who said "Cogito ergo sum."

The story goes that he went into a pub one day with a friend. The
friend said "Would you like a beer?" Descartes said "I think not."
and vanished :-)

John Harper, School of Mathematical and Computing Sciences,
Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand
e-mail john.harper at phone (+64)(4)471 5341 fax (+64)(4)495 5045