noise of Eugene Leitl

Heiko Schlichting heiko at cis.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 25 11:18:41 EST 1998

flefever at ix.netcom.com (F. Frank LeFever) writes:
>More of his psychotic-sounding nonsense, squeezing out legitimate
>neuroscience discussion again.
>
>Serious users of the newsgroup who wish to complain to his internet
>provider should try one or more of the following (maybe cc them all?):
>
>root at mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de
>abuse at mail.zedat.fu.berlin.de
>postmaster at mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de

The correct address for complaining is "abuse at fu-berlin.de". It is not
necessary and not useful to send copies to other addresses.

But please be realistic about what you can except as reaction:

- in case of technical abuse (SPAM, commercial usage) we can close an account.
  This will not apply here.

- in case of offence you have to go to a court and not contact the provider

- in case of posting statements you do not like or are nonsense, you could
  activate you killfile or mailfilter (for those reading this as a mailing
  list instead of a newsgroup). The administrator of the news -> mail
  gateway can also install a filter for dropping messages from specific
  addresses.

Germany is a free country, everyone is allowed to study and it is impossible
to ban someone from a university because of opinions some person do not like.

H. Schlichting (abuse at fu-berlin.de)