ANN, nonlinear dynamics, and psychoses

Randy J. Solo rsolo at dnc.net
Thu Jun 25 14:06:12 EST 1998

There is NO known effective psychotherapeutic treatment of extreme
psychosis.  Medication is the ONLY treatment (along with no treatment of
course).

Even in the realm of psychoneurosis, claims far outway results.

You're absolutely right, however, concerning the correlation between
frequent diagnosis and what's popular at the moment.  e.g., Attentiion
Deficit Disorder, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, etc.  Even scientists are
blinded by social expectation (zeitgeist).

In the 1990's science is certainly suspect.  I see "studies" on the
beneficial effects of grape juice, initiated and sponsored by Welch's Grape
Juice, and then see these supposedly unequivocable results broadcast loudly
over all TV stations as though it were irrefutable fact.  What a bunch of
bull.