Lecturer Position at University of Surrey

Danny Banks banks at embl-heidelberg.de.REMOVE_TO_REPLY
Thu Jun 25 11:25:53 EST 1998

I understand that there have been relatively few applicants for the
post advertised below. As I was working on the project up until last year,
I am obviously interested in seeing the work continue. Consequently I
have taken it upon myself to advetise the post a little more widely.

NOTE: it is well past the closing date for applications, so you need to
get your interest registered a.s.a.p. if you want to get a foot in the
door.

The work involves micromachined microelectrodes (microprobes) for
interfacing with the nervous system.

[BEGIN edited advert]

BioMedical Engineering, University of Surrey

Applications are invited for two, newly created, Lecturer positions as part
of expansion of Health and Medical Sciences programmes.

Closing date June 7th 1998

Post 1:  Foundation Lecturer in Bioengineering

Candidates should have an interest and expertise in one or more
bioengineering aspects of microengineering applied to neural implant
applications, including:

 investigation of the passivation and biocompatibility of the materials
 used in microprobe design
 interface instrumentation and interpretation of neural signals
 detailed micro circuit design.

[post 2 deleted]

For further details contact Liz Roberts, BioMedical Engineering Group,
SMME, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK, GU2 5XH.
tel. +44 (0)1483 259 678:  fax +44 (0)1483 306 039
email:  e.roberts at surrey.ac.uk

[END edited advert]

Danny.

NB: To reply, delete the ".REMOVE_TO_REPLY" from my e-mail address.

Danny Banks.                                            banks at embl-heidelberg.de
------------ http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/D.Banks/index.html -----------
"The variables vary too much and the constants aren't as constant as they seem"