Working memory localization in hippocampus

austin seo anonymous at
Thu Mar 12 12:15:01 EST 1998

I didn't think anyone considered the hippocampus to be involved in
"working" memory...I always thought the dogma was the involvement of the
prefrontal cortex...

Lab wrote:
> A few weeks ago I remember reading something on this newsgroup about
> work with evoked potentials to localize the function (or role) of
> hippocampus in working memory.  However, I have found little in the
> literature about hippocampus and working memory, and even less about
> using EPs to explore that issue. Can someone point me the right
> direction?

Austin Seo (Hae Jin)

Graduate Programme in Neuroscience
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics
e-mail: haejin at