Doctors 1580 until Today

ATeasd5941 ateasd5941 at aol.com
Sat Mar 14 18:14:34 EST 1998

I honour doctors, not , as the saying has it out of necessity.....but
for the love of themselves, having known many a decent and
lovable men amongst them. My quarrel is not with them but with
their art, and I do not greatly blame them for making their profit
out of our stupidity, for most people do so.....Montaigne, (1580)

I try to honour doctors, not, as the saying has it out of necessity,
but because I think it is the required concept to maintain the
normal structure of society. Which in turn enables people to maintain
a sane approach to maintaining their health and that of their family.
 My quarrel is not with their art because it is no longer such, and I
do not greatly blame them for making their profit out of our stupidity,
 for most people do so.....
I do, however, have a difficulty making the adjustment to the concepts
built in my mind of what madness they themselves can create!

Carol (1997)