UPJOHN'S DRUG XANAX ON TRIAL

Douglas S. Caprette au455 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Thu Mar 26 08:54:39 EST 1998

In a previous article, hhcs831 at mci.net (Juan Enrique Rodriguez) says:

>> carry severe risk of addiction.  Other treatments for panic are
>                       ^^^^^^^^^
>
>Dependance causing, mind you. I've seen VERY few people
>truly addicted to Xanax; and usially they were under the
>influence of multiple other drugs at the same time.
>
>I am really sick of lay people calling things addictive,
>when they are generally dependance causing. There IS a
>difference.

Please tell us about the difference.

>Due to Xanax' exact (thats three "x"s in two words!)
>nature, it does come in the vincinity of being
>addictive, however, it really is more of a dependance.
>Especially with short half lives & metabolism, the
>patient may come pretty close to addictive-like
>behaviour, which is really 'masking' the actual
>behaviour of clinical dependence.

Well, absent a response to my request above I'm not sure what to make of
this paragraph.
--
DS Caprette
"There's a little truth in all jive, and a little jive in all truth."