UPJOHN'S DRUG XANAX ON TRIAL

Juan Enrique Rodriguez hhcs831 at mci.net
Thu Mar 26 05:24:31 EST 1998

> carry severe risk of addiction.  Other treatments for panic are
                       ^^^^^^^^^

Dependance causing, mind you. I've seen VERY few people
truly addicted to Xanax; and usially they were under the
influence of multiple other drugs at the same time.

I am really sick of lay people calling things addictive,
when they are generally dependance causing. There IS a
difference.

Due to Xanax' exact (thats three "x"s in two words!)
nature, it does come in the vincinity of being
addictive, however, it really is more of a dependance.
Especially with short half lives & metabolism, the
patient may come pretty close to addictive-like
behaviour, which is really 'masking' the actual
behaviour of clinical dependence.