Diagramming Robust AI

John Nagle nagle at netcom.com
Thu Mar 26 01:59:55 EST 1998

"Phil Roberts, Jr." <philrob at ix.netcom.com> writes:
>mentifex at scn.org wrote:
>> The main reasons for expressing the Theory of Mind in Forth are:
>> Robotics!  (Forth is the language of choice among robot builders.)

    That was a while ago.  I used FORTH in a mobile robot in the late
1980s, but I wouldn't do it today.

>> MISC!  (Minimal Instruction Set Computing)  Inexpensive Forth chips
>>      are being designed and manufactured.

    Is Harris still making that Forth chip?  The original Moore chip,
the one where multiply only worked for even numbers, is long gone.

    If you're really into cheap chips, look into Atmel, which has
an 8-bit RISC machine in the $1 to $3 range, with free development
tools (C compiler, etc.)  This is a new design, with around 50 MIPS.

					John Nagle