Diagramming Robust AI

Phil Roberts, Jr. philrob at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 27 16:45:34 EST 1998

lisard at zetnet.co.uk wrote:

> On 1998-03-26 philrob at ix.netcom.com said:
>    :Riddle:
>    :What language was FORTH written in?
>
> many many, until it was stable enough to be used to write itself. see
> chuck moore's article in byte, august 1980.
>
> forth is nearly unique amongst popular programming languages in that it
> was written and refined by a guy who didn't see himself as either an
> academic or a systems programmer. chuck moore wrote for for his own use,
> period. when elizabeth rather picked it up and found she was more
> productive using it than using the normal languages and environments,
> they were both somewhat amazed.

Sounds like you have a little more info than me.  My post was a
reflection on one of my FORTH books which describes it as a
language for writing languages and the only one which was written
in itself.  Thanks for your info. Interesting.

--

               Phil Roberts, Jr.

Feelings of Worthlessness and So-Called Cognitive Science
        http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5476