Diagramming Robust AI

lisard at zetnet.co.uk lisard at zetnet.co.uk
Fri Mar 27 15:15:43 EST 1998

On 1998-03-26 philrob at ix.netcom.com said:
   :Riddle:
   :What language was FORTH written in?

many many, until it was stable enough to be used to write itself. see
chuck moore's article in byte, august 1980.

forth is nearly unique amongst popular programming languages in that it
was written and refined by a guy who didn't see himself as either an
academic or a systems programmer. chuck moore wrote for for his own use,
period. when elizabeth rather picked it up and found she was more
productive using it than using the normal languages and environments,
they were both somewhat amazed.
--
Communa (together) we remember...             we'll see you falling
you know soft spoken changes nothing             to sing within her...