Memory Disorder

cijadra at zedat.fu-berlin.de cijadra at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 27 01:23:42 EST 1998

Colm at Globalnet.co.uk (Colin) wrote:

>Hi,
>I am 33 years old with a memory disorder, which I've had all my life.
>Finally after 10 years of seeing everyone (except neurologists)
>and having been diagnosed as POSSIBLY having autism,
>anxiety disorder,personality disorder,OCD,BP,
>temporal lobe epilepsy etc, I have eventually had a detailed memory
>test done and it showed abnormalities in some aspects of my memory.
>To give you an example of how bad it is, I have very sketchy memory
>of most of my life.
>My CT and EEG are normal, and the memory deficit is common to
>emotional and non-emotional events.
>I have not had a head injury or have ever done drugs.
>Just recently I have been told that it possibly could be an
>attention disorder.

>If you have any info at all on what to do, or where to look to find
>out
>what could be done to help, I would be extremely gratefull.

Instead of listing names of Westies (f.e. autism) for things they do
not understand well anyway it would be easier is you'd give examples
for what you can do and what you can't do.

This way I could just make vague suggestions like trying to call up
the last three days each time before going to be or also in between,
which eventually should become easier.

And to do stuff where you kick out hell of a load of adrenaline and
see if you forget that as fast, too.

And to check if you might have lead piping (tap water) or other bad
metals in your nutrition.

And to maybe try some drugs, f.e. to try shrooms once  and see how
well you remember that.
(But don't take them more often than 3-4 times a year, else they mess
up too much.)
Some of the psychedelics alter processing speed and memory uptake.
That is why I mention them.
They are not something to be taken too often, in this case more meant
as a comparison test to normal data recall.

But if you have data you have inner trouble with when calling it up,
then you should not try that method on psychedelics; psychologically
highly dangerous.