Memory Disorder

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 30 16:39:17 EST 1998

Colin--

Assuming you have sufficient common sense to ignore the nut case's
advice, then it might be worth while pursuing an investigation with
neuropsychlogists known to have expertise in memory and memory
disorders.

You say you've ben studied by "everyone" except a neurologist.  Given
that neuropsychology is a young field with training and credentialling
still a bit "loose", it is possible that you have been studied by
people with some preparation but not quite full expertise.

In any case, anyone attempting a follow-up needs access to some details
as to what measures were used and EXACTLY what results were obtained.

Your "example" is not very illuminating.

Not knowing what tests were given, I cannot evaluate your assertion
that you had a "detailed" memory test; nor is it clear exactly what
kind and what degree of "abnormalities" were found in "some" areas.

Hoping you are not a psychological Munchausen case, I would recommend
you make one more try, with someone in England with excellent
reputations re memory studies: Barbara Wilson or Elizabeth Warrington,
for example.

They might not appreciate my posting email or FAX numbers, but I could
contact them for you, if you wish.

Dr. Wilson is at MRC Applied Psychology Unit, Addenbrooke's Hospital,
Cambridge.  Dr. Warrington is at National Hospital, Queen Square,
London.

Frank LeFever
NY Neuropsychology Group