Diagramming Robust AI

Andreas Kochenburger kochenbu at khe.scn.de
Tue Mar 31 02:17:16 EST 1998

If I can still remember correctly (coming into "the years" meanwhile)
Prolog was once belonging to the Fifth Generation Language Project.
Prolog's main fantastic thing was its simple inference machine
combined with pattern matching or unification.

F.ex. with unification in Forth we could define
: ROT (S a b c -- b c a ) ;
and be ready, because the compiler did evaluate the stack diagram by
matching variables of the same name.

IMO this - and a standardized OOF mechanism - on top of Forth would be
worth to be called a successor of Forth - perhaps 5th?

Andreas

P.S. Did anybody in the past try to power up the Forth compiler by
adding unification capabilities or evaluating stack annotations?