Brain Chemistry

dag.stenberg at helsinki.nospam.fi dag.stenberg at helsinki.nospam.fi
Fri Nov 6 06:06:31 EST 1998

rainier-paredes at imtoosexy.com wrote:
> Hello, my name is Rainier Paredes and I am a Grade 12 student at St. Joseph
> Secondary School in Mississauga Ontario. I am currently doing my Chemistry
> research paper on mental chemical imbalances.
> Could someone please send me information, or direct me to some information
> regarding the chemical imbalances in the brain and their effect on
> psychological behavior, specifically serotonin? This project is based more on
> the chemical side of this subject rather than the psychological side.

Could you perhaps read the article "The Neurobiology of Depression" by
C.B.Nemeroff in Scientficic American, June 1998, pp. 28-35, then come
back and say what mnore you wish to know?

Dag Stenberg
Dag Stenberg     MD PhD                    stenberg at cc.helsinki.fi
Institute of Biomedicine		   tel: (int.+)358-9-1918532
Department of Physiology                   fax: (int.+)358-9-1918681
P.O.Box 9        (Siltavuorenpenger 20 J)
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki,Finland