Hear radar waves

Bill Gerrells bill at pcparts.net
Thu Nov 5 21:35:22 EST 1998

Having spent years working with search, height finder, target tracking,
target ranging and missile guidance radars, all of this long before
developing tinnitus, I can honestly say I could never hear the radar (or
much of anything else for that matter) over the scream coming from their
modulators.  Still, if anyone on a.s.t. wants to find out if electromagnetic
waves of comparatively miniscule power can pass through the body, simply try
this:

Turn the volume up a little on your portable radio.  Hold it against your
belly and give your significant other a hug so as to completely surround the
radio.  Still hear it?  Gee whiz, those waves go right through you!

Now, I have heard of people having small shards of glass (most likely from
their windshields) imbedded in their skulls that behaved like the crystal
radios we old farts played with as kids.  Supposedly those folks sometimes
hear radio stations.

--
Bill Gerrells, Fargo, ND, USA
American Tinnitus Association member