Oppurtunities in neuroscience?

Richard Norman rsnorman at mw.mediaone.net
Tue Nov 24 21:48:43 EST 1998

Mohanraj Narayanan wrote in message ...

>Hi, I am an undergraduate at the university of pittsburgh majoring in
>neuroscience.  I want to become a neurosurgeon,  but I would like to
>know if there is anything which I could do after graduating which could
>generate money for my education and loans.  You see I dont want to just
>research and teach after graduating, rather I want to secure myself
>financialy before moving onto teaching or researching, for I believe
that
>researching and teaching brings in little money. Am I Wrong?
>
>I would greatly appriciate any kind of opinions or comments on this
>matter.
>
>thankyou

You could marry well! ;-)

Seriously, don't give up what you really want to "secure yourself
financially".  You are all too likely to discover as you earn money
that your "needs" expand to match your income and you never
have "enough". Researching and teaching can bring in enough
money to support a family nicely, or more likely only enough to make
do on.  However, it brings other rewards which are far more
satisfying than money.