What conditions can cause hyperactive nervous system/hyperreflexia

Steven Edwards rand at cchat.com
Tue Nov 24 14:14:08 EST 1998

>I was wondering if someone could list the possible medical conditions/causes
>that could cause someone to have hyperreflexia and in general a hyperactive
>nervous system without causing other significant symptoms?  I've been reading
>about magnesium deficiency/hypercalcemia but this seems more to be a reult of
>something rather than a cause, and so far there is no evidence of such an
>imabalance (although it may be there, just difficult to find). Any help?

Hyperreflexia/Autonomic Dysreflexia occurs quite often in anyone who
has lost "control" of their ANS. In these people AD is caused by many
different things.

-bladder not emptying
-too hot
-too cold
-not positioned correctly
-anger
-constipation/impaction
-pain

These are the only ones I can think of right now, sorry. :)

Steven Edwards - rand at mindless.com
Spinal Confusion - http://come.to/SpinalConfusion