inverse agonist???

Michael Bracey bracey at scripps.edu
Thu Oct 1 00:52:49 EST 1998

OK, I found this.  Does this suffice?

Antagonists only exert their actions in the presence of agonists,
but have no activity of their own in the absence of agonists. Still
other drugs do the opposite of agonists, and are calles inverse
agonists. Thus,
drugs acting at a receptor exist in a spectrum from full agonist to
antagonist to inverse agonist.

Michael