I'd like gain more knowledge of different parts of the brain!

Walter Eric Johnson wej3715 at scully.tamu.edu
Thu Oct 1 16:04:57 EST 1998

R. Storm (rstorm at best.ms.philips.com) wrote:
: Hello,
:
: I'm trying to develop computer models of biological Neural Networks.
: But, because I don't know much about neuroscience (the more about computer
: science) I have some
: questions about the different parts of a brain (especially mammalian).
:
: I would like to know more information on networks and neurons in different
: parts of the brain like:
:
: Cerebrum,
: Septum,
: Amygdala,
: Thalamus,
: Hypothalmus,
: Reticular Formation,
: Brain Stem,
: Cerebellum,
: Tectum,
: Basal Ganglia (Striatum),
: ADVR
: (These are, by the way, parts of Non-Mammalian brains. I don’t know what
: differences there are with mammals)
:
: What I like to know is how do the neurons work individually in each of these
: parts, and how do they
: interact with each other (how are the networks put together).

If you really want to do this, I think you should start studying
the subject.  Noone can give you the answers you want.  (If they
say they can, they're just kooks.)

Eric Johnson