Time Magazine: Man of the Millennium

Matthias Warkus mawarkus at t-online.de
Thu Oct 1 11:35:22 EST 1998

Jon Hart schrieb:

> I have seen promoting many people, who had profound effects on many people.
> But no one appears to have nominated Tesla.
> Certainly in my western lifestyle he must be considered the most immediately
> influencial
> person, he made my lifestyle possible. Life would be very different without
> AC.

Tesla did not invent AC, AFAIK.
Who did? Siemens?
Anyway, I'd nominate Siemens, if you'd want to nominate Tesla.
There wouldn't be any economically produced AC without dynamo machines...
Imagine we'd have to go with Pixii permanet-magnet machines.

mawa
--
mailto:mawa at iname.com | ACME Frob Coil Oil ... makes bits go faster!
My site was cracked by some obscene idiots this summer. It will go up