I'd like gain more knowledge of different parts of the brain!

R. Storm rstorm at best.ms.philips.com
Thu Oct 1 06:53:20 EST 1998

Hello,

I'm trying to develop computer models of biological Neural Networks.
But, because I don't know much about neuroscience (the more about computer
science) I have some
questions about the different parts of a brain (especially mammalian).

I would like to know more information on networks and neurons in different
parts of the brain like:

Cerebrum,
Septum,
Amygdala,
Thalamus,
Hypothalmus,
Reticular Formation,
Brain Stem,
Cerebellum,
Tectum,
Basal Ganglia (Striatum),
ADVR
(These are, by the way, parts of Non-Mammalian brains. I don’t know what
differences there are with mammals)

What I like to know is how do the neurons work individually in each of these
parts, and how do they
interact with each other (how are the networks put together).

Thanks,
     Raymond