KILL THIS THREAD Re: Time Magazine: Man of the Millennium

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 4 12:12:25 EST 1998

re Moderation ("in all things"!)(and of course a Moderated group): I'm
for it, but do not know much about how one implements this sort of
thing.  I wonder also (as an alternative) if an automatic limit to
cross-posting could be implemented--e.g. at most 1 or 2 besides the
primary group?  This would not screen out cijadra/mentifex/ccheng, but
it would screen out the vast flood of irresponsible postings from the
vast number of sources opened up by unlimited cross-posting, free up
some space for neuroscinece discussion, and allow us to deal with our
own resident kooks "privately" (e.g. by direct replies or simply by
extinction--i.e. ignoring).

F. LeFever