Budding neurologist

K C Cheng kccheng at postoffice.idirect.com
Sun Oct 4 11:00:24 EST 1998

Cijadrachon wrote:
> =

> >> Cheng, what are peripheral receptor potentials, how do they come to =
be
> > and why are they called peripheral?
> >>These would come the already accepted neurophysiology:  peripheral pa=
in,=
> > pressure, vision, sound. . . receptors,etc.
> Can they perceive photons?
Photons specifically activate only retinal photoreceptors.  The latter
then is specific in that respect.  However, photon perception occurs in
only the visual cortex and the rest of the brain. =

> >> How do they react  inside?
> >A good question.  However, it is certain that the incoming nerve
> >impulses do interact and activate the central cortical sensorineurons
> >for perception to  occur.
> No.
This is obviously "yes."  But if you want to say that without
interaction between the incoming sensory impulses the brain can sense
the responsible exeternal stimulus, I think you are joking.

> > It has to be considered a subatomic event
> Yes and then also  no.
> >giving rise to a sensation of the incoming electromagnetic particles. =
 =
> Explain the electro and  the magnetic bit.
I'll let basic physics books do that.
> >> How?
> ?
> >Electromagnetic particles can be easily stored subatomically. =
> ?
> And how long?
For as long as the brain neuronal turnover of their chemical
constituents does not take them away or such electromagnetic decay has
not been completed.

-- =

kccheng =BEG=ABa=B8s
http://www.easyhosting.com/~kccheng