Info request: effects of neural tissue stimulation

Danny Banks banks at
Tue Oct 6 09:56:34 EST 1998

In article <6vd3d6$nsi$2 at>, didier at (Didier A.
Depireux) wrote:

> cpandora at wrote:
> : damage). One sub-question I would like answered is what resistance does
> : human neural tissue have?
> I ran into this problem when we tried to model evoked potentials measured by
> a micro-electrode array in terms of underlying dipoles. We found the
> resistance and other properties in an _old_ book on electroencephalography
> from the 30's.

LA Geddes, LE Baker. "The specific resistance of biological material - A
compendium of data for the biomedical engineer and physiologist", Med.
Biol. Eng., 5, 1967, p 271-293

FA Duck. "Physical properties of tissue", Academic Press, 1990.

If I recall, however, the resistivities in Duck come mainly from the
paper by Geddes and Baker. I could have mis-remembered that however.
Geddes & Baker are commonly referenced in modelling work in my
experience. I fancy, however, that now could be time to expand their

Nb/ Delete the .REMOVE_TO_REPLY from the e-mail address to reply :)

Danny Banks.
banks at