Info request: effects of neural tissue stimulation

Walter Eric Johnson wej3715 at fox.tamu.edu
Tue Oct 6 00:04:35 EST 1998

I (wej3715 at scully.tamu.edu) wrote:
: cpandora at home.com wrote:
: : I am looking for resources regarding the effects of electrically
: : stimulating neural tissue.
: :
: : I am primarily looking for the physiological (not clinical or
: : psychological) effects in humans and what electrical parameters (e.g.
: : current density) are used to achieve these effects (e.g. depolarization,
: : damage). One sub-question I would like answered is what resistance does
: : human neural tissue have?
: :
: : Please respond with any texts or articles that may seem relevant in this
: : pursuit.
:
: There's a book called "Dynamics of Human Biologic Tissue" which deals
: with electrical stimulation.  I think it dealt more with muscles and
: tendon than with neurons, though.

While I was at the library tonight, I glanced through the table of
contents of the above book and confirmed that it doesn't deal with
the effects of electrical stimulation on neurons.  It sure covers
just about all other bases, though.

Eric Johnson
: Eric Johnson