A general comment and a farewell

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 5 21:32:02 EST 1998

In <6vaugp$b84$1 at fremont.ohsu.edu> Matt Jones <jonesmat at ohsu.edu>
writes:

>In article <6va4q2$530$1 at news.bix.asn.au> Ikkyu, gone at hell.com writes:
>
>>Who says censorship is a bad idea???
>
>I say censorship is a bad idea.
>
>It doesn't take very much effort to figure out which posts are worth
>reading and which should be ignored. As scientists, we have to do this
>everyday anyway. Why should the internet be any different? Or should
>there also be a "moderator" for abstracts at the Society for
Neuroscience
>meeting?
>
>I'm staying.
>
>Matt Jones
>The Vollum Institute
>Portland, OR

I'm staying also.  I urge others to stay and restore neuroscience
discussion by  (1) contributing questions and/or answers
               (2) ignoring kooks, or responding to them directly
                   rather than by posting to the group if they reject
                  criticism repeatedly and irresponsibly.
                (3) helping to stamp out crosss-posting, by deleting
                 bionet.neuroscience from the list of groups receiving
                 any off-topic discussion you are tempted to contribute
                 to, and/or by replying directly to other discussants
                 and requesting that they delete bionet.neuroscience
                  from the list.

F. Frank LeFever, Ph.D.
New York Neuropsychology Group