Info request: effects of neural tissue stimulation

Walter Eric Johnson wej3715 at scully.tamu.edu
Mon Oct 5 19:12:00 EST 1998

cpandora at home.com wrote:
: I am looking for resources regarding the effects of electrically
: stimulating neural tissue.
:
: I am primarily looking for the physiological (not clinical or
: psychological) effects in humans and what electrical parameters (e.g.
: current density) are used to achieve these effects (e.g. depolarization,
: damage). One sub-question I would like answered is what resistance does
: human neural tissue have?
:
: Please respond with any texts or articles that may seem relevant in this
: pursuit.

There's a book called "Dynamics of Human Biologic Tissue" which deals
with electrical stimulation.  I think it dealt more with muscles and
tendon than with neurons, though.

Eric Johnson