A general comment and a farewell

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 8 21:44:21 EST 1998

Next time you log on, volunteer a few minutes in the effort to restore
the healthg of the newsgroup; I think there are still enough serious
people out there to have an impact.

- - - - - - - (snip) - - - - - - - - - - - -

>>I'm staying.
>>
>>Matt Jones
>>The Vollum Institute
>>Portland, OR
>
>I'm staying also.  I urge others to stay and restore neuroscience
>discussion by  (1) contributing questions and/or answers
>               (2) ignoring kooks, or responding to them directly
                  rather than by posting to the group if they reject
>                  criticism repeatedly and irresponsibly.
>                (3) helping to stamp out crosss-posting, by deleting
>                 bionet.neuroscience from the list of groups receiving
>                 any off-topic discussion you are tempted to
                   contribute to, and/or by replying directly to other
                   discussants and requesting that they delete