Activity Asscociated with the brain during awake and asleep

pspangle at pspangle at
Sat Oct 10 08:37:37 EST 1998

In article <6vmoki$9pp$1 at>,  "St. Crossley, Protector of
So. Calif." <st.crossley at> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am doing a research project and was wondering if any of you could help me
> out.
> I am trying to find out the differences in brain activity in awake states
> vs. asleep states
> I am trying to prove of disprove that the same areas of the brain correspond
> with both dreaming and conscious and the only differences is the organ used
> to receive the input
> Thanks for your help

There were several interesting talks on this topic at the 1998 meeting of the
Cognitive Neuroscience Society.  I'll e-mail you my notes.

Patrick Spangler