Brain implants give the paralyzed a voice

Tom Schuler duo at teleport.com
Tue Oct 13 09:19:51 EST 1998

Cijadrachon wrote in message <3621bd73.57869639 at news.zedat.fu-berlin.de>...

>The day I get rich you would not be so kind to let me bribe you into
>abducting them to install some big concuction coils on top of their
>heads

I can suggest a way for you to get rich quite quickly.  Of course, it would
have to mean that what you post is not just a pack of self-aggrandizing lies or
the manifestation of a major thought disorder.  I have not ruled either of
those explanations out.

You claim to be able to successfully employ telepathy.  James Randi will pay
you more than $1M American dollars for an exhibition of your extraordinary
powers under conditions that exclude trickery and the results of which will be
obvious to all observers as a paranormal event.  This offer is good worldwide.
The setup of the demonstration would be agreed upon by both you and Randi as
fair and reasonable.

Randi can be reached at www.randi.org.

If you are sincere and can do as you claim, you should be jumping at this
offer.  However, since it is extremely likely that you are merely an empty
braggart who takes far too many hallucinogens than are good for you, I doubt
you will do anything but offer a flurry of excuses why you won't.