long term potentiation

Hemidactylus at my-dejanews.com Hemidactylus at my-dejanews.com
Wed Oct 14 22:57:45 EST 1998

I'm probably not going to cover cell adhesion molecules and putative role in
LTP, but I thought anyone interested might like to look at Staubli, Chun, and
Lynch (1998). They investigate the possible role of integrin. This adds yet
another level of complexity to the LTP issue. There are possible structural
considerations to ponder also, but I'm sticking to the molecular mechanisms
relating to postsynaptic events, mainly concerning NMDA receptors and
calmodulin kinase.

ref:

Staubli U, Chun D, and Lynch G. 1998. Time-dependent reversal of long-term
potentiation by an integrin antagonist. The Journal of Neuroscience (18):
3460-9

--
Scott Chase (note followups at anthym at webtv.net)