(none)

Markus Collins markus at fastcat.ml.org
Fri Oct 16 04:41:13 EST 1998

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Cijadrachon wrote:
> >I am looking for latest studies that show the influence of malnutrition
> >on the brain development of babies. I am also looking for references of
> >experimental work done on animals showing this influence.
>
> Are we having no starved babies or very malnutritioned ones dying
> early anymore?
> Or, if it  really interests you, are  you just too lazy to find out
> where and go there?

To Cijadrachon:

You are certainly not scientific at all.

An actually starving baby suffers from too many negative
factors (including lack of proteins, lack of vitamins,...)
and basically leads to death. We don't need to travel far
to see that.

A scientific investigation doesn't work that way.

Each experiment focus on one factor or one family of
factors, so that with subsequent experiments replicated
by other researchers, we can discover how some
specific vitamins play an important role during the
brain's development, etc.

> ...And what work done on which person of which race?

Um... I hope you are NOT racist at all. Though you may be.

If you have payed any attention to a real science journal
(ie. one where the article submissions are reviewed by
elected fellow scientists), you'd see that the difference
in physiology among race is almost entirely
statisically insignificant.

(In case you are not well-versed in statistics either,
a "statistical significance" means the difference
is beyond the noise (ie. inprecision) level in the data
set.)

Pretty much the only primary difference between race
are due to environment.

Besides, nowadays with so many people immigrating and
emmigrating everywhere, with ethnic groups mixing and so
on, it is increasingly getting irrelevant to talk about
a particular race.

(Though a particular domestic population may be of interest.
For example, it may be relevant to do a flu-resistance
study the residents in suburban Chicago versus that of
suburban San Francisco, in order to evaluate certain
factors in living condition, etc.)

- Markus