anoxia

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 16 23:41:47 EST 1998

Sorry that I don't have info you need.  However, I need YOUR info: can
you tell me more about anoxia inducing LTP?  Do you have references to
published reports?  Just a guess: anoxia and many other brain insults
can initiate intense excitotoxic (excitatory amino acid) reactions; at
a given moment, NMDA activation and NO amplification might be just at
the level to induce LTP. (outside this window of opportunity, I think
it would block LTP--see Izumi & Zorumski)

(If publication is in Russian,, OK; I can read NYEMNOGA...and I have
Russian friends.)

F. Frank LeFever, Ph.D.
New York Neuropsychology Group