euthanasia

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 19 21:07:06 EST 1998

Rats have huge olfctory bulbs.  The odor of ether is aversive (maybe
some trigeminal irritation also); an unpleasant way to go.  In my wet
lab days, I used a very large barbiturate injection, very fine needle,
directly into abdominal cavity (I don't think they are highly
innervated there; no fuss unless I inadvertently squeezed them when I
made the injection)

F. LeFever